Tuesday 21 August 2012

Mea Culpa...

My most sincere apologies, and most especially to those of you who are followers: I have been neglectful in my blogging duties. Por mi gran culpa...It has been four months since my last confession...er, blogpost! But if you had been around here at The Little Fox House in Carantoña you would surely offer me your full forgiveness. Yesterday was the first day since early May that I have not been sharing my life and home with pilgrims from the Camino de Santiago post Fisterra or Muxia (and occasionally straight from Sangtiago de Compostela itself). My what a lot of fun this has been...and not over yet by any means. I have hosted pilgrims from countries as far apart as Columbia and India, Croatia and Canada and all have enriched my life immeasurably in their own individual ways. We have had yoga sessions at the church, sound healing, many discussions and gardening sessions (we are restoring the church gardens which were even more negected than my blog!), some hypnosis where needed, and some great History and Mystery Tours to castles and castros, churches and lighthouses, and some wonderful trips to the most beautiful beaches imaginable. For myself, I have been working hard to establish my language school in Vimianzo: Headstart Centro de Idiomas. And in the last week I can finally announce the publication of both of my new books: the long awaited St James´Rooster (about more tomorrow) and my long out-of-print autobiographical The Indalo Quest which tells the story of how this writer left the jungles of Costa Rica and set up a new life in Granada, Spain. About this too, much later. September approaches. In the eight and a half months since I left Marbella to move here to Galicia so much has happened: I am meeting new people, all fired with the same enthusiasm for the Camino as I am. I am just beginning to pick up a bit of Gallego and am even thinking about learning to play the gaita (Galician bagpipes) in the fall if I have an evening spare! ("Can you play the flute" said the man in the music shop when I bought my guitar. "Yes", I said, meaning the recorder, as he was. "Then you can play the gaita", he replied.) Such a good life... More very soon... Promise. PS: The photo is taken from one of the highlights of my summer so far: Xose Manuel Budiño and Kepa Junquera ("Jai Galai") concert at the Plaza Quintana beside the cathedral in S de C in July: that's me, the token blonde, front row just a bit to the right. I clapped my hands so hard that I had a bruise beside my ring finger for days! I´ve never before been to a concert where the "star" took a photo of the audience! Genial..! .

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, Blogger is not letting me format my paragraphs. Sorry if it makes this harder to read...

    ReplyDelete